• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family]
    As Jack stands by the lake, he observes his partner, Amenadiel, and Escence, walking briskly towards him. He notices that Escence is trailing behind. He’s grateful for Amenadiel to watch over them. However, as his attention shifts towards Escence, he starts to feel a sudden surge of anger rising within him. He knows how difficult it is to handle her, and he worries about her safety constantly.

Despite his frustration, he takes a deep breath and tries to control his emotions. He wants what's best for the twins, and he won't let his temper get in the way of that. He gets up and shakes the water from his scales before meeting the trio.

As he approaches Aurora, he's taken aback by her beauty. The setting sun shines on her gown, making her look like a princess. He reaches out his neck to nuzzle her face and mane, whispering softly in her ear. He then turns to Amenadiel and nods, thanking him for keeping Aurora safe.

However, when he turns to Escence, he feels a mix of emotions. He's angry, worried, and scared all at once. He knows that she's always been a handful, and he's afraid that she's becoming more and more like her father every day. He reaches out to her, rubbing her bony face against his scaled face, and apologizes softly.

"I'm sorry, Escence," he says. "I just want you to be safe. I love you both so much."

As he speaks, he's unaware of what Escence has experienced, but he hopes that she understands how much he cares for her. He then looks back up at Aurora, feeling embarrassed for storming off earlier.

"I'm sorry for my behavior," he says. "It's just that Escence can be so stubborn sometimes. But I promise, I'll always be here for both of you."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family] - by Jack in the Box - 04-30-2024, 12:31 PM