• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Flame Burns Hot [Family]

AuroraElis

Turning back to look across the vast expanse of land in front of them, her eyes squint to see in the blinding sun.  The ear closest to Amen flickers as he speaks but no answer comes from her.  For a moment she thinks she can see a lit figure set apart from the glow of the suns rays.

"There!" She exclaims, pointing her nose in the direction directly in front of them.  Ivory dipped limbs leap forward and into the waters, splashing droplets all across her feathery gown.  "Is it Escence?" She questions to the winged stallion that may have opted for travel by air to gain a better vantage point.

Barely onto the other side, a small fiery figure can be seen more clearly as a cloud cast a shadow the area.  "Escence!"  She calls out, picking up a three-beat pace to rush to her daughters side.  The gown of emerald lifts and tousles in the rush of air.

Clearly distraught the fiery girl is whimpering on the ground.  Fear that she may be hurt rises.

Soon she is within speaking distance and slows to a stop beside her, "What's wrong?  Are you hurt?!"  Her eyes scan over the child but see no indication of injury.

"Mom!" Looking up with tear filled eyes she cries out, "I'm sorry!  I didn't mean to hurt him!"

Her face lowers to brush her muzzle along her daughters face, whisking away the tears.  "It's ok Escence," she says in a reassuring voice.  

Escence begins to stand, not realizing the illusion of her brother is gone.  She shouted, "No it's not!  He's dead and I killed him.  My fire, the trees all burnt and Vic was in them.  I didn't know he followed me.  I didn't mean to start the fire.  I was just so angry..." She huffs in anguish, "I didn't..." Her voice trails as she looks to where her brother had been, "Vic?!"  Her head swivels, eyes searching for her brothers body.  She turns around, looking to the trees that she was sure would be charcoal and ash.  "Wh...where is he?  Why aren't the trees burnt?"  A bewildered look comes over her as she looks to her mother, "H-He was right here...and those trees were all on fire..."  

Her navy eyes look to Amen with confusion before looking to the area and then to Escence.  "Vic is at home with Jack...  He's safe,"  she mulls over the situation briefly and comes up with the only solution she can imagine for the child's outlandish story, "maybe you had a bad dream?"  

Again she brushes her nose against the girls face, "Let's go home," she says to the both of them...

Not all that glitters is gold

Messages In This Thread
    The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Eviction - 04-23-2024, 02:32 PM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Eviction - 04-24-2024, 03:17 PM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Amenadiel - 04-24-2024, 03:40 PM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by AuroraElis - 04-24-2024, 04:45 PM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Eviction - 04-24-2024, 05:34 PM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Amenadiel - 04-24-2024, 06:32 PM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by AuroraElis - 04-25-2024, 08:40 AM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Amenadiel - 04-25-2024, 09:23 AM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by AuroraElis - 04-27-2024, 08:04 AM
    RE: The Flame Burns Hot [Family] - by Amenadiel - 04-27-2024, 08:26 AM