• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn If You Must, Rise From The Ashes
    She walks side by side with Doctor, listening to his questions. Questions she doesn't have an answer to. She stops as he mentions that her son’s death was potentially natural rather than the fairies intervening. “I had thought that his death was an unfortunate circumstance, and now I thought that it was the fairies punishing me. But I don't know what it real,” she says as her voice breaks a little. She clears her throat, blinking the tears that well in her eyes.

“We all die, you're right,” she says with sadness in her voice. “But does this mean I never die?” she looks up to him, confused. She smiles at the word hero. She wouldn't consider herself a hero just because she saved her friend from the attack of the lion. The same lion that shed her son's blood. The lion that she sacrificed herself for.

“When I awoke, I heard a voice whisper" Remember, you are dust, and dust you shall return.’ I didn't know what it meant, but I guess I do now,” she looks at him with a sense of pride and honor. “If the fairies have bestowed to me this honor of being able to help others by sacrificing myself for them, I embrace it,”

@Doctor

Messages In This Thread
    Burn If You Must, Rise From The Ashes - by Umani - 03-11-2024, 08:31 AM
    RE: Burn If You Must, Rise From The Ashes - by Umani - 03-27-2024, 02:16 PM