• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your heartbeat on the high line
    you drew stars around my scars but now i’m bleeding

She has only just met him, but she is certain that she likes him. It is irrelevant, to her at least, that she typically likes mostly everyone — she is sure that there is someone out there that she would not like, and that clearly Maeglin is just likable since she likes him.

“That’s amazing,” she says earnestly, her amber eyes still lit with delight. “What part of the sky are you from?” She looks up when she says this, as if she might be able to pick out where he seemed to have fallen from. But the sky is too large, and accepting that she cannot hold it all within her gaze at one time, she turns her eyes back to his as he introduces himself.
    Enchanted! That’s a good word, I should use it more often,” she exclaims with another sunshine-bright smile, committing the word to memory for when she might be able to use it again. “It’s nice to meet you as well, Maeglin from the skies.”

He asks her if she can change her wings into something else, and she nods eagerly. “I can, I can change them into mostly anything but I’ve always been a bit biased to things that seem intangible. Like sunshine, or stardust, or—” she pauses for a moment, and the sunshine wings flicker and fade, and in their place wisp-like clouds begin to form. “—clouds. Now we match,” she says proudly. Her shapeshifting wings were a common trait on her father’s side, and she had always loved that she had inherited them; something that made it so clear that she belonged somewhere.
    Betty

@Maeglin

Messages In This Thread
    your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 01-15-2024, 04:21 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 01-23-2024, 12:27 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 02-08-2024, 11:40 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 02-21-2024, 12:28 AM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 03-24-2024, 03:53 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 04-22-2024, 11:50 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Betty - 05-26-2024, 06:23 PM
    RE: your heartbeat on the high line - by Maeglin - 06-30-2024, 04:03 PM