• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i am someone to hate

She watches as the others gather and it does not go unheeded that she sticks out like a sore thumb. The ringmaster flicking his locks of flame, indiscriminately setting fire to the surroundings. The man that slinks up near her, the smell of extinguished fires lingering and mingling with the shadows that wreath his frame. The woman that is a most lovely vision with her crown of flames and coat that seems to glow with flickering embers that could easily ignite to a raging inferno.

For a long moment, she simmers in a pool of petulant jealousy. She recognizes that she is a glittering cloud of fairy dust among these smoldering and charred creatures. Though she typically enjoys the attention (perhaps too much) her diminutive stature begets, she foolishly fears that this will cause them to turn away, to deem her unworthy of their time. A lone black raven distracts her for just a brief minute as it settles itself into a nearby tree, but she quickly looks away when she realizes another has crept up to the group.

Well, at least this one does not seem to share a fiery trait with the rest of the crowd and that gives the rose-colored girl a tiny measure of comfort. She might have noticed the sinister red eyes lurking in the shadows behind the newest addition, but the painted man’s rough voice draws her gaze back to him.

Again, his words are lost on her. Dismantle what, exactly? She has met no kings or queens in her short time here or anywhere else, for that matter, therefore she has no quarrel with them. Having visited the Chamber, she knows that there are distinct lands with royal history, but are they truly kingdoms at this point?

She may have no desire to tear anything down, but the thought of adventure is like a cloying drop of temptation on her tongue and she can feel the craving growing once more. She refrains from speaking this time, wanting to hear what the others have to say. Her eyes, brimming with eagerness, flit from face to face and the thrum of anticipation begins to rattle her bones again.

This time, she does not even notice the raven as it quickly leaves the gathering.

all I want is a party doll to come along with me when I'm feelin' wild

kalika

image by mac4tu

Messages In This Thread
    i am someone to hate - by Çevik - 02-08-2024, 09:40 PM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by kalika - 02-09-2024, 06:57 AM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by Doctor - 02-10-2024, 01:16 AM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by elodie - 02-10-2024, 11:55 PM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by Demi - 02-13-2024, 02:12 PM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by Amenadiel - 02-14-2024, 02:24 PM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by hysperia - 02-14-2024, 10:32 PM
    RE: i am someone to hate - by Çevik - 03-18-2024, 10:13 AM