• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Of Legends & Myths
    Demi
    Thoughts of my previous life play within my mind and all the ways I'm new.  The transformation between them was only moments and yet it feels like two lifetimes.  I guess in a way they were...

As my focus returns, I notice something about the colored stallion that escaped my notice before.  He was feathered, with wings much like a bird.  The thought causes a quickening of my heart, an excitement that I share something with this stranger.  Things became more clear when one focused.

He looks to me with a puzzled expression and the question to elaborate is asked.  I smile shyly, not knowing exactly how to express my thoughts.  "Umm this life...  No.  This form...?" My answer becomes a jumbled mess, an equal look of confusion on my face that I am sure reflects his.  My head shakes away the stammering thoughts that cloud my mind.  My eyes close as I draw in a deep breath.  I hold it briefly as my mind clears. I see a mythical form, a melding of both worlds.  My mismatched eyes snap open, the excitement before returning and echoing in my voice, "Here!  I will show you!"  I lean back on my hunches and lift my forelimbs from the dirt below my hooves.  My shift is effortless as I mimic his look of half bird, half horse.  My natural equine colors hold strong within this unknown shifted form.  Rusty red feathers cloak my avian face and neck, blending into creamy white feathers along my shoulders.  My wings, large and outstretched, are a blending of both hues.  

My head twists as I inspect this new form I have created.  My forelegs, now taloned, grip the earth with razor sharp claws.  I gently and carefully fold my wings to my sides, noting that my equine rump remains unchanged.  My bi-colored tail swishes as if I am testing it out for the first time.  The dark beak, that replaces my soft nose, parts in awestruck wonder.  My head twists again, my mismatched eyes looking to the stranger wide eyed.  My expression is bright and smiling, though the hardness of my beak prevents it.

I bid my wings to unfold again, testing the air beneath them with a flap or two.  It feels similar to when I shift into my other forms, though the walking on four legs, two taloned two hooved, is awkward.  I turn 180 degrees, walk a few paces before leaping into the sky.  It is more effort to lift my larger form, but I manage.  I soar above the treetops, circling around before returning to where I had started.  As I land, I morph into my full equine form again, a smile painted on my lips.  "Did you see that?!"  I ask him though I'm not sure if it was actually a question.  I prance about in my excitement of my discovery.  "I'm not sure what that was but it was awesome!"  I laugh as I stop before him, tossing my head to the sky.
    Legends & Myths

Shifted bird form- hippogriff

@Ruhr  Used it as an opportunity for her to discover the hippogriff Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-09-2024, 02:57 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-17-2024, 08:53 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-18-2024, 07:36 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-21-2024, 09:46 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-22-2024, 09:57 AM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-23-2024, 02:33 PM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Demi - 03-24-2024, 08:46 AM
    RE: Of Legends & Myths - by Ruhr - 03-24-2024, 10:59 AM