• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Start Of A Beautiful Tomorrow; Auroraelis

AuroraElis

When she comes to she hardly realizes she had been holding her breath until she hears Jack offering comforting words.  She exhales deeply, a puff of white vapor casting to the dawn, before drawing in a breath, now realizing she is awake and what he says is true.  

Her balance is remarkably steady for all that has transpired.  The healing magic given to her by the fairies had renewed her physical state so now it was only the mental she need deal with now.  Her golden flecked eyes find Jacks as he is nuzzling her.  "B-But it was so real!  They were there. The twins.  And you, you were there," the memories flash through her mind like still frames.  "A-and there was someone, something else there too... In the darkness.  I saw it," she explains.  The twins!  Her necks curls to bring her muzzle to brush her side.  Her ears flicker as her minds sifts through more memories.  The beach.  The injured horse.  The words whispered into her unconscious mind now scream at her.  I will be back for what is mine.  Her eyes widen as she realizes what the words truly meant...

"I'm fine.  This is fine.  We are fine.  Everything is fine," she manages a halfhearted smile even in her whispered ramblings. She regains composure as she looks again to Jack, "It was just a dream.  A silly dream."  She musters a light laugh before looking to the rising sun.

Not all that glitters is gold

@Jack in the Box

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Start Of A Beautiful Tomorrow; Auroraelis - by AuroraElis - 03-12-2024, 11:03 AM