• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key
    Like water fading into warm sand, the last of her scales disappear as she pulls away from Helion’s embrace. The nereid smiles up at him, and at the easy declaration that he will stay just for her, she shakes her head a little in embarrassment even as she suppresses a delighted laugh.

He tells her he has been exploring, and that their world has changed. At that she nods in agreement, and is no more disturbed than he by those changes. There has always been water, and that is all she’d needed. Ischia had been her home, but so had the kelp forest at the edges of Baltia, and now this calm and sunlit lake. She is as adaptable as the rest of her kind, and so long as there is water she is content.

Her brows lift as if in surprise at his question, and her tone is teasing as she replies: ”Isn’t every story I tell enchanting?”

With enough time to answer if he chooses, Moira continues with an answer that is less than riveting: ”I’ve mostly been in Baltia, but Orieta got tired of the saltwater, and we’ve been here a while now.” Moira is as easy-going as the breeze, and when her daughter expressed a desire to move to new waters, the nereid had complied without much persuasion.

She realizes after speaking that Helion wouldn’t know who Orieta was, and finishes: ”My daughter, Orieta.”

@Helion

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key - by Moira - 03-08-2024, 04:32 PM