• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  every lesson forms a new scar
    He does not know what she means by the word ‘drift’, not realizing the meaning behind it when she says it — that it meant more than just aimlessly ending up somewhere. His answer still more or less works, since he would not say that is how he ended up here but his own definition of ‘drift’. “Not exactly. I was born in Beqanna, and have been gone for a long time. Something told me it was time to come home.”

He realizes he probably sounds like a fool for not being sure of where they are, if he was supposedly born here. But she also does not know where she is, so he likes to think this has left them on even ground. “Beqanna has a habit of…changing. There is an abundance of magic here, and things just…happen.”

He has no idea how true the words are that he speaks.

He missed much of the most altering events that have rocked this land: the Reckoning, the arrival of the ‘new’ kingdoms, the tumultuous period of time when Baltia and Stratos were discovered. Short of running into his own parents it was unlikely he’d find any sure indicators that this was Beqanna without finding someone else to confirm it.

“Well, Nizhonii, I suppose the easiest way to confirm that this is Beqanna is to keep walking. Care to join me? Perhaps while we walk you will see something familiar that can help you get back home,” the gray stallion says as he begins to continue down the path, glancing sideways to see if she is willing to follow.
    L A U T N E R

@Nizhonii

Messages In This Thread
    every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-06-2024, 05:32 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 01-08-2024, 01:00 AM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-15-2024, 09:09 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 01-21-2024, 11:00 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 01-27-2024, 06:44 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 02-11-2024, 04:09 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 03-02-2024, 09:33 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Lautner - 03-27-2024, 11:07 PM
    RE: every lesson forms a new scar - by Nizhonii - 03-31-2024, 12:47 PM