• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key
    Helion loved the idea that he was sun-enough to be able to influence the seasons and he laughed brightly at thought. Even being sure that Moira was just teasing him did not diminish his joy.

He steps eagerly into the hug, delight radiating from him (or maybe that is just his natural glow) at seeing his oldest friend again.

When she asks if he has time to tell her what he’s been up to he steps back enough to look her in her seafoam eyes as he smiles, tilting his ram-horned head. “Are you kidding? I’ve just found you again, I’m not going anywhere.”

“Exploring, mostly. New lands, clouds in the sky that you can walk on. Sometimes I still can’t believe how much the world has changed since we were little.” Helion shakes his head, the disbelief over the change causing a grin rather than any sorrow that lingers. His family had lived in Loess and then when it sank they became nomads - and that itself felt like so long ago now he barely remembers what it was like to have roots tied to a particular land.

“And you? Any enchanting stories from the deep?”

HELION

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key - by Helion - 02-11-2024, 01:14 PM