• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'll let you go and dream for a while

call out on mountains until my voice goes faint

She would admit, her experience with birds was limited. They were not a creature she paid much attention to, except in those early years when she would stomp her hoof and demand her father give her wings to fly.

Some of Citadelle’s earliest memories are filled with jealousy.

It is what shaped her, made her who she was now. Everclear could not make her fly, no matter how hard he tried or pleaded with the unseen gods of their homeland. Citadelle hated him for a long time because she could not sprout wings. And what would she do with them? It would have only bolstered her pride that much more.

The little strawberry mare looks at the other, her emerald eyes wide and childish. There was something awful about waking up. Everything felt suddenly new and terrible.

Citadelle,” she says, “Cita, if you like.

There’s a pause for a moment while she scans the horizon for more birds. She cared little for other, smaller things but this Valkyrie was overly fond of them it seemed一her cheerful demeanor was not lost on Citadelle, who had carefully put on her own smile.

I must say I know little about birds, except they can fly, of course,” she laughs and it is like water over stones. “My father tried to give me wings once but I told him not to worry about such a small thing.

She smiles wider now, the edges of her teeth showing.

citadelle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll let you go and dream for a while - by Citadelle - 02-09-2024, 09:39 PM