• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key
    The Dale ahead of her is quiet, but behind her something moves over the water. Turning, wondering if perhaps Orieta had chosen to join her on the surface after all, Moira instead finds a pegasus descending over the still lake.

”So is it really spring time again, or have you been hanging around too long and fooling with the climate?” She says in reply, knowing that the Dale around them is oriented to the sun overhead rather than the golden stallion in front of her, and that he’d done no such thing. The same is not true for the grinning Moira, who finds that she cannot pull her green gaze from the silver eyed stallion, drawn as if in orbit to his presence as she has always been.

”I think you’ve gotten brighter, my friend!” Moira adds, feeling he tickle of her scales transitioning to hair. It is a sensation she’d almost forgotten over the years; she is so rarely dry enough that she loses those parts of her nereid heritage.

She’d ran for the sea the first time it had happened, she remembers, and it had been Helion to cause it that time as well. Embracing the inevitability of the transition as she reaches forward to embrace the taller stallion, Moira asks: ”Do you have time to tell me what you’ve been up to now, or will you come back and tell me later?”

That he’d been up to something - something bright and light and worry free - she assumes inevitable.

@Helion

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key - by Moira - 01-28-2024, 08:23 AM