• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key
    There was absolutely nothing going through Helion’s mind as he flew through the mountains - which was exactly how he liked it. Things tended not to stick in his brain for very long as it was. There was no obsessing over past deeds, no worrying about the future. Just the simple joy of feeling the sunlight upon his body and feathers - and knowing he looked pretty dashing the entire time.

Possibly accidentally blinding someone below as the sun reflects from his shiny coat but even those worries slide through his brain and end up somewhere they will not bother him. If someone finds that he is too bright for them, they can simply close their eyes or look away.

Fatigue is starting to cause his muscles to ache and, luckily, the Dale stretches out beneath him - beckoning him with a shimmering lake and the dapple of spring flowers amongst lush grass.

He is coming in low over the lake when movement on the bank to his left catches his eye and a delighted laugh bubbles up when he recognizes a familiar figure emerging with a fishy tail and then transforming into a terrestrial horse as if that were just something that happened every day.

Helion angles his wings to veer his course towards her and lands down the shore from her - trotting forward with a brilliant smile illuminating his pale silver eyes. “Well, well, well. If it isn’t my favourite fish.”

HELION

@Moira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the radio is taunting me, every song a minor key - by Helion - 01-28-2024, 12:40 AM