• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'll let you go and dream for a while
    VALKYRIE
    Her rousing has worked, much to her delight, and a soft-spoken mare with red and green accents drifts closer. She admires the broken horn, finding it interesting - and immediately wants to know how it happened, imagining all sorts of exciting answers.

Instead of asking her own question, Valkyrie laughs at the one asked of her - the sound boisterous and warm. It is not an unkind laugh by any means, she’s delighted by the question and how closely it hits the mark with a major part of who she is. As though this mare could see right through her.

And maybe she could - this maroon mare had certainly seen her fair share of wondrous things in this life, magic and talents that have marvelled and enchanted her since she was young. Finding someone who could sense her avian abilities really would not be so strange.

She answers honestly, the laughter still shining in her good eye as she focuses it on this stranger. “No, I’m rather fond of some of them. Grackles are… in a league of their own.” Off the top of her head she cannot think of any others that are so annoying. Jays could be, certainly, and some of the smaller ones really hated when she became some kind of bird of prey.

But grackles? They could always be trusted to be consistently awful.

“I’m Valkyrie.” She offers, still with a bright grin - because it is polite and because it is wonderful to get the chance to meet someone who she does not already know.

@Citadelle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'll let you go and dream for a while - by Valkyrie - 01-27-2024, 11:03 PM