• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  help me hold onto you, beyza
    Beyza
    Ryatah explains that her sentimentality about Hyaline was tied to someone else, and Beyza nods as though she, too, understands. She listens, and wonders just how many times Beqanna has reshaped itself so that Ryatah has learned not to grow attached to somewhere that physically exists and, by all reasonable accounts, should therefore be unmoveable.

With the sort of attachment Ryatah and Atrox have, they do not need to settle anywhere at all - maybe they would be just be content with themselves, wherever that might be. But Beyza feels like she needs a home, she needs to find new soil to dig her roots into and find out how she might blossom anew.

Instead of asking more about the lands, her curiosity about her mother’s relationship gets the better of her. A general sort of curiosity, that is - she feels no need to pry into the details. “What’s it like, having someone who can turn anywhere into home?” She isn’t sure whether it’s something that can even be described but Beyza sees no harm in asking Ryatah this. She knows the same can be said of her other parents, and she could ask them as well. There has just always been a closeness with Ryatah - likely born from sharing a secret with her from a very young age. Agetta still, as far as Beyza knows, is not aware that Plume is not biologically Beyza’s father (even if it matters only in a vague sense, the trio of them have always collectively been her parents).

And it’s been on her mind, lately - that absence in her life. The type she cannot just conjure with her magic, the type that requires socializing in a manner she just has not been bothered to in quite some time. She is not even sure whether she is capable of a love that could feel like home - tethering herself to someone else had not worked out well for her as a youth.

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 03-27-2023, 10:07 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-02-2023, 08:15 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 04-07-2023, 11:28 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 04-16-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 05-07-2023, 11:25 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Beyza - 05-31-2023, 11:00 PM
    RE: help me hold onto you, beyza - by Ryatah - 07-30-2023, 06:24 PM