• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  living just to say goodbye; Stargaze
    Usually she has some idea what she is doing, but with him, she is unsure.

She does not often plunge herself into things without some kind of plan, or at least a vague idea of what she is looking for (companionship, pleasure, something to explode….the possibilities are endless), but there is something about him that makes him nearly impossible to read; he is unpredictable, and she still has not figured out how best to navigate him.

He is not her usual target—he is far too cross, and while she does not require a pleasant disposition he is unusually bad-tempered, even by her standards. Men are not typically so difficult to soften in the presence of a pretty girl, yet her coy simpers and banter hardly seem to faze him.

She cannot decide if she is curious if there is more to him—either something kinder, or maybe even something far worse—or if she does not really care to dive that deep.

What she does know is that he is far more entertaining than anyone else right now, if only for the fact that he is standing there in front of her.

“I suppose it remains to be seen, but currently, I am pleased,” she says with a laugh and something like a shrug. “It’s possible I may change my mind and decide that your company is insufferable.”

She does not pull away when he crowds into her space, though instinctively she reaches for her power to shatter—she does not actually call on it, but instead merely touches it, as if to ensure it is there and ready—and while her bright blue eyes sharpen to something nearly frigid she does not give any other indicator that he has almost found his way under her skin.

Instead she only smiles that cheshire cat smile, angling her head towards him as she says sweetly, “Sunshine and rainbows is exactly how I would describe you to my mother.” And then she steps away from him, once again lengthening the space between them as she continues nonchalantly, “So, what kind of grand adventures have you had since I saw you last?”
    S T A R G A Z E

@Ashhal

Messages In This Thread
    living just to say goodbye; Stargaze - by Ashhal - 04-20-2023, 08:57 AM
    RE: living just to say goodbye; Stargaze - by Stargaze - 05-08-2023, 09:31 PM