• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  feeling so high but too far away to hold me
    The sound of hooves on rocky soil draws his attention, and Valdr turns to watch the bay mare ascend the lithic slope. There is no one else up here, so it seems clear she’s coming toward him, so he turns to face her. Despite her clear intent, she is as much a stranger to him as all the others of this world, and the uncertainty he feels about her intent shows in the skeptical frown that he wears as he looks her over.

Valdr knows that his wings are not the most common kind here; his father’s feathered limbs were more prevalent. The spotted stallion has his mother’s wings, which in turn she had inherited from a sire born on distant shores. That this stranger, too, has them could be nothing more than coincidence.

The openness with which she continues to look him over makes him feel oddly exposed, and he looks away before she does, shifting his leathery wings against his sides. She remarks on the eerie feeling of the place, and he nods in agreement.

“Are there places here that do not feel like this?” He asks he he surveys the desolate land lit by the fading sun. “I’ve begun to regret having traveled here, to Beqanna.”

@wrena hiii!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: feeling so high but too far away to hold me - by Valdr - 04-29-2023, 09:34 PM