• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i met the reaper and all her friends
    ( MY DAYDREAMS LOVE THE VIOLENT COLOR OF YOUR LIPS
    AND THE NIGHTMARES THAT ACCOMPANY IT )
    It is only by chance that these two daughters find themselves in the same place on the same afternoon, isn’t it?

The older daughter had stayed as close as she could to Pangea because it was the last place she’d seen their father. (Embarrassing to think now how much she had depended on him, how she had barely trusted herself to breathe outside of his periphery.)

Those days are long over now. She had found some semblance of bravery when the darkness had descended, she had learned what it meant to live on her own when she had searched for both of their parents and not found them. And she had perhaps come to terms with what it meant to be independent.

She’d know her sister anywhere, though.
    Just as she’d know their father, their mother. (The other children, too, probably. Simply because they shared blood.)

Her approach is quiet, tempered, and she smiles softly as she lays herself down beside her sister. She exhales as she lays her own porcelain head in the grass and says quietly, “stay out here like this too long and you’ll burn, sister.” 

amathea

Messages In This Thread
    i met the reaper and all her friends - by margot - 03-24-2023, 12:12 PM
    RE: i met the reaper and all her friends - by amathea - 04-01-2023, 06:29 PM