• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  to learn my dreams aren't rare

The angelic mare’s words are reassuring - in the way that they make an obvious sort of sense, it just takes hearing someone else say it for Tavani to give herself some grace. A little bit, anyway. Not enough to take this as an opportunity to fully unload the entirety of all that was wrong on this stranger, of course. She’ll keep it with what she’s already said, one confession is enough for so new of an aquaintenceship.

She focuses on leaving the rest of those thoughts alone, in just letting herself exist in this not-okay moment and not trying to make-believe that it is anything but what it is.

All the same, Tavani feels very aware of her own thoughts and instead attempts to focus them on her company. She’s not alone and that is certainly something. She finds a genuine smile to offer in response to the welcome and the introduction. “It’s nice to meet you Ryatah, even under these circumstances. I’m Tavani.”

Tavani had not yet gotten around to meeting others that had lived here, had not thought to wonder about whether the tornado that had brought her here had changed this world in addition to changing so many lives. She looks around them, trying to piece out what might be odd - what might have looked like. And then, with a clear thought that almost makes her laugh, she realizes she can just ask. “What does it normally look like?”

tavani

@Ryatah

Messages In This Thread
    to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Tavani - 10-25-2022, 01:11 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Ryatah - 11-14-2022, 12:19 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Tavani - 12-12-2022, 12:28 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Ryatah - 01-23-2023, 12:03 AM
    RE: to learn my dreams aren't rare - by Tavani - 02-26-2023, 12:14 AM