• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm not just some boy you can sway | diplomats/any, wichita
    love is a temporary madness...
    Shortly after the yellow stallion arrives, a mare with a small filly trailing her follows. Russet eyes warming, she dips her head to the newcomer as a soft smile curves her lips. Just then, Weir arrives. Elysteria has always adored children as well, and she knows all too well the pain of losing a child. Weir’s presence is unsurprising (and even expected). His words, however, catch her off guard. In hindsight, they should not have. She knows how hard the loss of his child had hit him, could understand it even, but to berate another kingdom’s diplomat?

Stepping forward, she presses her muzzle into his should briefly, drawing his attention to her as a means of cutting short his blistering tirade. Rapscallion is quick to defend himself, clearly irritated. She did not even need her empathy to figure that one out. Even so, she is not about to throw Weir under the bus, so to speak. She knows where his words are coming from.

“Wichita appears to be quite all right.”

She says these words for Weir’s benefit, pointing him to the fact that the dappled mare is no worse for wear.

“Besides, mares have been giving birth for centuries with little help from men. I for one would just like to say that, when it comes to protecting my child, no one should underestimate me. I suspect the same is true for most mothers.”

She smiles, a hint of humor in her words. She hopes that this will be enough to put the situation behind them. She shifts closer to Weir, placing herself in a better position to intervene should it be necessary. While she could sympathize with Weir’s emotions, she is also a woman. She has not needed a man to protect her in a very long time. She simply hopes his words had not offered even more unintended offense, for there are many women who would be strongly affronted by the implication that she might need a man to protect her.

She is grateful when Ramiel draws the conversation back to its trajectory. They are here to discuss diplomacy, after all.
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

Sorry this took so long, I completely forgot about this thread :/

Messages In This Thread
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 09-21-2015, 01:27 PM