• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Driven Memories
    cause i’m so dope and you’re a fiend

Whether he was dismayed or pleased, he watched with curiosity as she took in his frame. He reprimanded himself yet again slipping from the darkness in a rather discomforting manner. His mother has always taught him not to talk to strangers. Her voice, her very being seemed so far removed from him now. Her velvety, warming voice was now trapped so deep in his mind that trying to recall it only caused him sorrow. But he remembered she taught him never to talk to strangers. Sometimes, he wished he had headed her warning. She was a stranger. A horrifyingly, intoxicating siren who lured him in with the promise of love. For years, it felt real. His heart had been so full that his chest surely would burst open to make more room. She was the single most important thing in his life, until she became the catalyst for it's demise. 

Her voice came back so clearly, no matter how forcefully he shoved it down. Crisp, cheerful, smooth, the kind of voice you could trust. When you love someone like that, that deeply, their flaws cease to exist. Their words always ring true, even when they're laced with venom and deceit. He was unaware that he had drifted off again, his eyes blurring as he retreated into the void that was life before now. It was all gone, so why could he not harness his anger to push through? Why was he constantly yearning for what used to be.

Inhaling deeply, he tilted his head slightly in the direction of the stranger before him. "Hello...", her words lingered. After not hearing another speak for god knows how long, he was surprised to be so soothed by them. Her single word was soft, beautiful. Internally, he scolded himself for even thinking that. Had he learned nothing of romanticizing strangers?

"I uh, I'm sorry if I startled you..." He began hesitantly. Though his frame was a little larger, he tried cocking his back leg and relaxing his shoulders to seem small. He had already sprouted from darkness with no real reason for disturbing her, the least he could do was attempt to be polite about it. Polite. Another thing he had not attempted in quite some time. "My name is Hackjob," a brief pause as his gray eyes observed her body language. "Is there something I may call you?" 

@Valoris

Messages In This Thread
    Driven Memories - by Valoris - 09-21-2022, 02:59 PM
    RE: Driven Memories - by Hackjob - 09-22-2022, 08:15 AM
    RE: Driven Memories - by Valoris - 09-23-2022, 04:33 PM
    RE: Driven Memories - by Hackjob - 09-25-2022, 12:16 PM