• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend
    The morning breeze is cool, not frigid but enough to dishevel the skin along her back. The dew along the dried grass doesn't help, dipping into the black of her limbs with each step making them appear even more raven than before. Famkee doesn't know how she managed to get here, after all if this recently 'remodeled' version of Beqanna was going to be her home, she'd have to explore the depths of it and all it had to offer. Well, what was left of it anyways. If Famkee was one thing, she was thorough. She wonders if to a fault. Leaving one home to start anew feels surreal to her, what was forgotten along the road seeps up to the surface again and again reminding her what she left and what still remains within. Her hatred for the past haunts her present, a bad taste on the tongue, bitter and unforgiving. Much like this place she's stumbled upon, in fact Famkee ponders if this wreckage is fresh considering the recent rise and fall of territories. Despite the barren appearance of the field, she doubts the ruins were a child of current disasters. The jagged rocks looked like old bones jutting from the earth, the only decor the vast plains held. Her brother wouldn't have been here, however the urge to try outweighs the probability of his absence. Years. Years she's searched, whether he's dead or not Famkee's numb to the thought. It doesn't stop her though, going through the motions feels like breathing to her at this point, dead end after another makes her indifferent, callous, raw even. 

Golden eyes find that the ruins weren't as unoccupied as she once thought, they're faint but look relatively new, hoof shaped impressions flattening the arid grass leading up the expanse of the rocky structures. She's more aware now, less occupied with her scars and more with her surroundings whom she shares with. She wouldn't have noticed him amongst the boulders if it weren't for his breathing, bedded down rather unusually and uncomfortably Famkee thinks, shaded by the sun from the towering stones. Her ears flatten on instinct, watching from a safe distance. The stomp of her hoof against parched earth is louder than she would've hoped, involuntary as the thud makes her want to tense, she has no intention of waking him, nor an interaction. He nearly blends with the shade, dappled greens shadow him, similar to the mare who's golden dappled pelt harmonizes with the meadow, glowing beneath the rising sun. Her battle ridden horn kisses the sky, lengthy bone shining lethal, quite a contradiction to her pretty face. Well, pretty when she wants to be, now her features twist with suspicion, a coldness leaving her gaze littered with indifference. Though in the back of her mind she does wonder how he came to be in such a state, plopped against the stone. Could he have seen her brother? Could this stranger be another son of the pain he left behind, stopping along the way to take a breather, a way to preserve sanity. She wants to make herself loud enough to not surprise him, so she purposely makes her footsteps louder as she approaches, though she acts as though he isn't there as she passes, long ebony mane and tail hopefully catering her scent his way, maybe then he'd awake and she wouldn't be a ghost of the ruins.   
    if my heart is in your hands will i die
    Famkee

@Hackjob hope you don't mind me popping in, Famkee needs some more angst and interactions >: )
     [Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]

Messages In This Thread
    cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Hackjob - 09-15-2022, 05:21 PM
    RE: cause I'm so dope and you're a fiend - by Famkee - 09-22-2022, 01:19 PM