• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and he told me I was holy, ashhal

She sees the way his ears flatten and his muscles stiffen, every line of his posture telling her that he did not like something in the way that her skin changed color. Interesting, but she does not comment on it—though it is something that she takes note of and tucks away, but for what, exactly, she isn’t sure.  It was something she had learned from her mother, to pay attention to the way others reacted to things, no matter how small. She had told her others did not often show their weaknesses or aversions in clear signals. They were slight things, usually well hidden if you were not paying attention. The best kind of secrets to collect, Starsin had said, are the ones they never realize they are telling you.

“I like to think so, yes,” she says with a laugh at his sneering remark, letting it roll easily off her back. He was clearly in a bad mood, but it didn’t bother her. Her own moods were prone to swift changes, and she never paused to rein them in, and so she was rarely unsettled when others did the same.

“Are you always this pleasant or am I just lucky?” She doesn’t give him the chance to immediately answer, and instead goes on to say, “I don’t want anything, I was just out for a walk and I saw you. Sometimes I like to kill time by making….friends,” she says, with a lilting emphasis on the last word that implied Stargaze did not, in fact, go around trying to make friends, or perhaps that her definition of friends was not the standard. He didn’t strike her as the type to make friends to begin with, which means they should get along (or not) splendidly. “And I bet you’re great friend material. I can tell by your charming personality.” The cheshire cat smile never leaves her face, though the glint in her eyes is not malicious. She wasn't usually cruel in her games, and so far this man had given her no reason to show her claws.

S T A R G A Z E

@Ashhal

Messages In This Thread
    and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Stargaze - 03-07-2022, 03:02 PM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 03-21-2022, 10:38 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 04-26-2022, 10:48 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 06-06-2022, 09:55 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Stargaze - 06-26-2022, 11:47 PM