• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  everything that hurt taught me how to grow

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

If she had given in to the desire to read his thoughts, she would have found his expression masked a chaotic tangle few would have the patience to unravel. Even he, who must live with them every day, rarely finds the patience for it. His mind houses so many memories and futures that are not his own that even he struggles to wade through it. If she sought silence, she would never find it within him.

Though her memories dance on his periphery, he extends her the same courtesy she had extended him. It’s not from any notion of politeness, but rather selfishness. In a way, he too had come here for escape, and he does not yet wish to relinquish that dream.

The grin stretches wider across his lips at her reply, eyes glinting with amusement as he follows her wandering gaze before returning his attention to her. “Your candor is refreshing,” he replies with a faint chuckle before adding wryly, “Though if you’re seeking quiet, you have found the wrong companion.” A pause, then, “I’m Reave.”

The admission comes freely, as many things do to Reave. But then, he has never tried to hide his myriad foibles, and he has always preferred to keep the company of those who enjoyed them. If she did not, he had provided her the perfect opportunity to take her leave.

If Reave is any judge of character however, he suspects she will not. He does not need to peek into the future to surmise that either. It’s only after a long moment, his gaze dragging over her with shameless speculation, that he finally breaks the silence. “If you have come here for the quiet, then the echoes on the wind must not bother you.”

reave

@Aubergine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything that hurt taught me how to grow - by Reave - 04-25-2022, 08:56 AM