• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  everything that hurt taught me how to grow
    AUBERGINE
    She is not often tempted to read minds, but there is something about him that finds her considering it.

Perhaps because his face, while not entirely unreadable, is not at all a clear indicator of what he is thinking. Over the course of time she has learned how to read the subtle changes in other’s faces, and the way they link to their thoughts. The way a face opens in surprise when she says something clever, the way it tightens when she has pointed out something flawed in their logic, and each one backed by the thoughts she plucks from their mind. It was part of the reason she didn’t see much reason to read minds — not when they wore their thoughts so plainly on their faces.

He is not like them, she can see that. His eyes, while such a bright shade of blue, seem to still shadow his secrets, as if they are being dangled on a string and she is meant to chase it. For that reason alone she does not cave into the temptation, decides instead to appreciate the challenge of peeling him back, layer by layer.

She had not come here looking for a target, and yet she had found one.

“Truthfully, no,” she relents to his last question with a short laugh. “I came here because it’s quiet and everywhere else is loud. I don’t particularly care how or why this place came into existence.” Her sage-green eyes glance again to their surroundings, at the peculiar ruins and other fragments of the past littered across the otherwise barren landscape. She is sure the story behind this place is an interesting one, and perhaps it might one day force her to acknowledge and pay heed to it.

“My name is Aubergine,” she introduces herself as she turns her smile back to him, her dark head tilted towards him and his companion expectantly.

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything that hurt taught me how to grow - by Aubergine - 04-06-2022, 02:59 PM