• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my bad habits lead to you

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

He can so easily recall the last time they had stood upon these shores, chaotic ambition alight in their eyes. They had achieved that in spades, and yet he remains unsatisfied. Perhaps there will never be enough to satisfy the reckless yearning inside his soul. He can’t stop though. He never could.

As Reave eyes his sister’s lovely features, he wonders if he should tell her the territory is far from empty. Wonders if he should warn her how, in those woods, the shadows have fangs. In the end however, he says nothing. He knows they want for little more than privacy, and that might be a temptation his sister could not resist. A creature that no one could see, hear, or smell coming? Terribly alluring. And terribly dangerous.

Despite his chaos-loving heart, he would not wish to see his favorite sibling hurt trying to secure something too unpredictable to secure.

With a shake of his head, he returns the full force of his attention to Aela as she sighs. A faint, wry grin kicks up the corners of his lips ever so briefly. A commiseration for the pain she had experienced at their relations teeth, though he says nothing more on the subject.

He tips his head at her small, approving smile, his own features serious for once. He is unashamed of his failed attempt to reclaim the entity. He had told Mazikeen during their first battle that he would try again and again if he must. He would succeed eventually. In the meantime, he would learn and grow better. Others might view failure as an end, but Reave views it only as a stepping stone.

Reave chuckles when Aela asks if there is anything she should be keeping her eyes on. “Is there anything you’re not already?” he teases, eyes glinting with humor. Just as quickly however, they settle into thoughtfulness. “I’ll let you know when I figure it out,” he continues after a brief silence before his lips slip into a devilish smirk. “So me for now, I suppose.”

reave

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:35 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-07-2022, 09:54 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 09:40 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-12-2022, 09:09 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 09:36 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-17-2022, 03:21 PM