• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  open up your heart like the gates of hell
    There's a special kind of excitement and awe when two similar, bubbly creatures collide. Claudius can feel a pleasantness buzzing in his ears, a feeling so lively it almost manifests and narrates his experience with gusto. It reminds him of those perfect evenings in Tephra, when everything in their little home harmonized perfectly with his family. Areane reminds him of his brother, that eagerness so overpowering it nearly overshadows everything else.

(Though Mantis always exhibited the darker parts of their family: curiosity and desire chomping at the bit while an unchecked anger nips at his heels. Claudius doesn't think the pegasus before him would facilitate such a darkness.)

"I can show you all the secret spots," Claudius replies, typically smooth voice falling into an excited, chattering rhythm. All the pride of his peaceful homeland swells in his chest. He tries to picture Areane amongst the tropical flowers and squawking, brilliant birds. Lovely and dark, she would certainly juxtapose the lively jungle. She'd fit all the secret hollows, the churning thunderstorms, and the night-blooming flowers that the land isn't known for, though. Perhaps she might become her own Tephran secret.

"I think a land ripped from the ocean is the perfect place to start for an adventure," he calls with a grin. The wind whips his mane as he throws his head in the direction of the sunny wreckage. "Are you coming?" he quickly adds, bucking into a playful canter and heading toward trickier ground.

With the hope that Areane had followed him, Claudius answers, "I've been all over the Common Lands and some kingdoms, though I would hardly call myself an expert on any place." He's thoughtful and engaging, gaze tilting slightly down to peer at his companion. "An adventure . . ." He muses, mouth curling mischievously. "If you're partial to danger, you could always try the East. Pangea and Carnage and curses and the like." He's not serious, for the most part - though if she were to show true interest, he'd likely feel guilty; and if she were to insist, he'd likely follow.

Claudius is always looking for his own adventure, afterall.

@Areane

Messages In This Thread
    RE: open up your heart like the gates of hell - by claudius - 03-18-2022, 07:33 PM