• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  somewhere in these eyes, i’m on your side

Hmm, she frowned carefully. Having no need for the activity, Apothica had not the practice or ease with conversation as her companion so readily showed. She stayed pensively quiet while the handsome stranger prattled on.

He had a moderate, pleasant voice which she thought suited him well. In lieu of the usual, more comforting silence she could appreciate its soothing highs and lows, but her thoughts ran away with her and she found herself drifting more than listening; faintly, she was aware that pressure had charged the air. Apothica felt it growing like a weed between her wings.

In answer to her suspicions, the clouds CRACKED apart. She moved in unison with the stallion, eyeing the churning skies in a moment of hesitancy that was swiftly replaced by a soft determination. Smart of her -  to choose this route instead of the alternate, she thought. The resolution to slog on twisted her expression into a cute, little grimace.

The forest drew near, engulfing them as the first wave of rain began to pour down, and then she paused.

“Trapped in a storm?” She echoed.

Silence.

The rain pattered.
    The storm growled.
    Apothica came to a rather sudden stop.

She took a measured breath, hollowed out from the inside but trying to appear strong. “Now and then.” She said evenly, as forcibly natural as she could make it. There was no telling why, exactly, but her pulse raced and those quiet suspicions of hers turned instantly dark. Was he… should she be worried?

No! As soon as the thought came to mind, she shoved it down. Of course not!

Stupid girl, Apothica faltered and second-guessed herself. She reasoned it was only natural to feel paranoia after emerging from seclusion, and that's all this was: just nerves. Her head was full of them. He was not…

She refused to think of it.
    Unsteady at first, she began to walk again.

“Wherever I go, however I get there, I’m seeking a better path. That’s all.” Her murmur sounded uncomfortable. Defensive.

@claudius

Messages In This Thread
    RE: somewhere in these eyes, i’m on your side - by Apothica - 03-16-2022, 10:16 AM