• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any
    Bardot
    I know what sin is

It seems that everything she had heard of Nerine’s ruler (and now the North’s King) was strikingly true. Quick-witted and intelligent with a penchant for mischief. She finds it all there in the rumbling words he voices, the twinkling in the depths of blue, the smirk that lingers on his lips. She can’t help but laugh, a wild joyful noise, at his response and whatever misgivings that might have lingered in leaving Taiga quickly disappear.  “I’ll keep that in mind for next time.”

His banter is exactly what she had been hoping for, longing for really, after being shuttered in the woods for so long. It takes her a moment to dust off the cobwebs to be able to keep up with his energy but she enjoys the challenge, one she sorely needs. “And what a reputation…” She says with a small grin, casting her golden eyes demurely as if she had heard quite the story about the bone-covered King. In truth, she only knew basics when it came to Reave, what little she had learned had come from her brother and what she had overheard amongst the flowers. Obscene had spoken about Reave as if he was some sort of delectable puzzle. It would be a lie to deny that she had been intrigued then and even more so now that the real thing stood in front of her. “Good thing I’m not much for rumors.” 

It’s not lost on her, the way he seems unable to stay completely still. His gaze grazes past her shoulder and she takes the moment offered to her to study him. She wonders what the carvings in his bones mean and how they had come to be etched so deeply before shifting her gaze back to his before he can catch her looking. It is her turn to tilt her head up at him, something knowing sparking in the glint of gold. “I thought it would be you telling me why I’ve come.” She says with a subtle smile, flicking her floral raven tail casually against the back of her hocks. “Still… I accept.” She waits for him to take the lead, falling in beside him once he makes the direction clear.

There had been some lingering uncertainty when she had left Taiga regarding the choice she was making, what it might mean to come to Nerine. Yet her hesitance seems to fall further and further away as she matches his pace and allows herself to start dreaming again, just a little. She was a mare that had been raised for a purpose. She needed a kingdom. She needed her place. If her mother had found that once here, maybe she could too.

They may call me a sinner, but I am at peace with myself;
    html © dante.

@Reave
    [Image: BQjeje-Bardot2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-07-2022, 04:42 PM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 10:54 AM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-10-2022, 02:28 PM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 08:50 AM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-15-2022, 08:43 PM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Reave - 03-22-2022, 09:10 AM
    RE: Nowhere to go, nowhere to be; Any - by Bardot - 03-22-2022, 08:29 PM