• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Falling into the quicksand of my troubled mind
    Kestrell heard the muffled steps of her hooves elegantly placing themselves one after the other. He could sense her nearness, (as his head was turned away, eyes distracted by nothing in particular) and likewise felt a pleasurable tingle of excitement under his skin at the thought of her being so near to him. The brute was just that: a brute; incapable of dumbing down the playful, boyish grin that seemed to suit his face so well, Kestrell gave up his interest in the jungle and turned to catch a glimpse of the mare’s nose hovering right beside one of his wings.

From his viewpoint there was no avoiding her loveliness. Where faults normally could be found, she had none; her face was pleasing to view and even prettier up close than he’d given her credit for, and instead of giving off heat she radiated a snapping cold from her skin.

He wondered if her ideas were similar to his, in that very moment, and hope softened his otherwise incorrigible manners. He could be patient when given the chance. Grateful, giving, and thorough had been some adjectives thrown his way after all was said and done.

IF that was what she wanted, Kestrell smoldered. He was getting ahead of himself.

“I don’t question good luck when it comes my way, Stargaze.” He laughed once, short and sweet.

Long ago he’d learned not to search where he wasn’t wanted, and Kestrell had found great success in sticking by that rule. There were some things he could do without ever knowing, but in hindsight he’s glad she decided to introduce herself.

“I’m Kestrell.” The smile wouldn’t fade.

He thought of how their names were suitable, unlike some of the more varied and nonsensical ones out there. She was named for the heavenly bodies and he a flying creature, and both of them seemed to fit those apt descriptions.

“I’m also more than willing to commit an entire evening to your ‘ideas’, if you’ve got some.”

Image ©Karl Martens
    @Stargaze

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Falling into the quicksand of my troubled mind - by Kestrell - 03-15-2022, 11:03 AM