• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my bad habits lead to you

”Surely there must be something,” Aela quips back to her younger brother.

There is something telling in her smile - almost a touch too smug - that says she is certainly aware of the current happenings. She had spent nearly a year in the Common Lands, playing the part of a nomad, listening to the rumors about the kingdom beneath the ocean and the creatures that had begun crawling from the sea.

Something neither Kelpie nor Nereid.

But those weren’t the happenings across Beqanna. Apart from the Sinking of the South, there were other things that Aela kept her attention on. She listened as the rumors reached her of the dragons ruling the West, as new leaders came and went like the sun, as well as the gossip that many residents of Beqanna fed themselves on like the grass they grazed on.

Aela almost teased Reave that if that was the kind of news she craved - who was warming whose bed - who better to ask than he?

Their teasing flees for a moment and the golden Empath tries not to scowl at the mention of another brother. There are so many of them, and many of them have managed to get in her way (Aela never considers that she might have gotten in theirs). ”Wherewolf asked about Islandres,” Aela says, mentioning one those accursed creatures by name. She assumes that Reave can see through her eyes well enough; she had found the former Nerinian at the Ruins, just as spiteful as she had last seen him. ”I told him, as I told Cheri and Obscene, it would be best to avoid that place.”

She stares out at the distance as well, imagining for a moment what a wonderful lesson it might have been for Obscene or Wolf to have their hearts torn out. Reave had been wise enough to avoid him.

”What are your plans for the North?” she asks then, because she doesn’t have the same ability that her half-brother does. It might help her to keep the Taigans on a particular path, if Reave had one in mind. Tilting her lovely head towards the Northern king, a conspiratorial smile touches at the edges of her mouth. ”You’ve never been far, Reave. But it is good to see you.”

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:35 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-07-2022, 09:54 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 09:40 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-12-2022, 09:09 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 09:36 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-17-2022, 03:21 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-22-2022, 09:55 AM