• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I got hope in tomorrow and regret in yesterday, Sarah pony
    T U M U L T
    He had not noticed anyone was watching, and the sound of her voice shatters the tenuous control he’d had over the water. The thread collapses back into the pool with a small, anticlimactic splash, and his gray eyes snap upwards to find the face of a girl staring back at him. Lightning flashes across his skin, perhaps brighter in the wake of his own irritation—irritation that he is so tempted to point at her, though he knows it is not her fault that he cannot control the water.

That he cannot control storms, or the lightning on his skin, or the storm clouds that make up his wings.

He cannot control anything at all, a storm untamed, but there is no pride in the feral nature of this, only disappointment.

He lets the emotions flicker and fade just as quickly as the light on his skin, and he turns his head to her with a taut, rueful smile. “If that were the case I would die of dehydration, it seems.” With a last glance to the pool of water he turns away from it, facing the mare. His eyes are drawn first to the horns that adorn her face, and then to the way her skin glitters in the strangled light that makes its way through the branches of the trees. “Tumult,” he offers her his name, and then goes quiet to allow her to do the same, if she wishes.
    CAN YOU TELL ME, WILL I BREAK OR WILL I BEND?

@Alanis

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I got hope in tomorrow and regret in yesterday, Sarah pony - by Tumult - 03-07-2022, 02:51 PM