• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  my bad habits lead to you

This is why Reave is her favorite brother.

He doesn’t keep her waiting, nor does he disappoint.

The palomino had still been looking for Rune in the sky - her lovely head still upturned, her blue eyes shielded beneath her flaxen forelock - when the voice of the Nerinian leader came rumbling out, echoing against the granite entrance where Aela stood. Her golden ears flicked forward, and by the time Reave emerged, his grin was met with a smaller, more demure version.

The tell-tale smile that she often wore.

But it was the warmth in her eyes that betrayed her. So much had happened since she last saw her brother, and even though their magical abilities allowed them to form a link, it was good to see him in the bone-armored flesh. Her blue eyes linger curiously on the etchings across his broad shoulders, something that wasn’t there during their last encounter, and tilts her head inquiringly towards the Guardian.

”Those are new,” she nearly hums the words before answering his initial question, ”At least one can see here.” Aela continues, finally glancing away from her brother and towards the sweeping views of Nerine. It was mostly open, and left a horse open to the elements. But it was better than Taiga, and its linked history with their grandmother made the moorlands more appealing to Heartfire’s descendant than any other place in Beqanna.

Pangea would always be home to Aela, but with rumors about a new ruler, she would bide her time here until she learned more. For now, she would have to content herself with Taiga.

”Though I trust you’ve seen clearly enough,” she adds, cryptically speaking of Obscene’s takeover of the wooded territory and Cheri’s return to the North. Aela glances back at her sibling, studying him again, and letting the silence settling between them serve as the invitation for Reave to freely speak his mind.

Messages In This Thread
    my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 02:15 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 02-28-2022, 11:01 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-04-2022, 01:35 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-07-2022, 09:54 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 02:40 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-08-2022, 09:40 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-12-2022, 09:09 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 09:36 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-17-2022, 03:21 PM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Reave - 03-22-2022, 09:55 AM
    RE: my bad habits lead to you - by Aela - 03-27-2022, 02:23 PM