• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone
    i scrounge in the dark, digging up old memories of you and me
    "Is that right?" He smirks slightly, chuckling with amusement. "Does that ever work? The whole big, fierce amazonian thing?" With a quirk of his graying lips, he turns to look at her, his smirk changing into a soft smile. He truly means no harm by his teasing and he silently hopes she knows it. The leopard stallion didn't wish to cause any ill-feelings between himself and the amazonian woman. Slowly demian traces the features of her face, studying her expressions until finally he finds her still growing horns. The way they are new, not yet having reached their maturity tells him they were most likely a gift from the amazons, which of course make the gray mare in front of him a general of the war caste. He refrains though from letting her know of his observation just yet. For a while though he lets the silence linger inbetween themuntil she confirms his first thought. "I had a feeling... And that's where you got your horns? I would assume they are a symbol of your being a general of war." The jaguar king had intended to hold off longer than that, but as he had come to learn, things didn't always tend to go as planned.

Watching her, the way she leans down to itch her legs with her horns is an almost relaxing movement and slowly he allows himself to relax a bit more in response. Chuckling softly at her words, he shifts his weight slightly away from her and nods slightly. His voice is full of good natured humor, proving easily that he enjoyed the amazonians company. He knows that her statement had been sarcastic, but he didn't see a problem with continuing the conversation with a bit of humor... For so long he had avoided simple conversation full of humor and sarcastic statements that led to soft chuckles and bright eyes, with face traced with lines of amusement. There was never much wrong with humor filled conversation but they were always so rare nowadays. most were too serious. Determined to complete their little missions as though it was all they lived for. Though one could easily say that was to be expected with the air full of a building unrest.

"This is very true, it does not. And now is an important time as ever to be on top of the things in which need one's attending to." His words are thoughtful as he replies to her statement, and slowly he turns his head to look out at the gathering groups. "Change is coming. At least... I can feel it. Can you? It's floating in the air as though waiting for someone to trigger it. It has been quiet for much too long." It's funny how change siting patiently on the horizon could bring forth the smallest of signs that could be easily noticed and felt if one were willing to take the time to pay attention and observe their surroundings. "Though I'm not sure what exactly it is that's coming. I don't think anyone does." The talk of change makes him slightly uneasy, but it quickly shakes him out of his reverie when she finally introduces herself and she mentions the valley and his being from there.

It is then the growing change in him activates. It's as though the mention of his kingdom sparks alight the fire within and as he blinks, one moment his eyes are of their natural form, the way they ware meant to be. And then his eyelids lift and in place are a new set of eyes, ones made solely of cosmic fire. Blue, yellow, green, purple. The colorful flames dance around in his eye sockets, occasionally licking at the corners. His vision as the same as always except for a bit of flame tracing at the corners. Slowly he looks back at Lagertha, smirking as the flames dance around the outline of her face and along the corners of his vision. "Yes, the Valley is indeed my home." Unblinking, the flames continue to roll and twist around in his sockets and the different colors mix together in a quick dance. "You should come see it sometime." He rolls his shoulders in a slight shrug before continuing his offer. "It has probably as many trees as the jungle... It's just a tad bit cooler, not as colorful and we don't hold home to many exotic creatures."

demian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dead are crawling from their graves; anyone - by demian - 09-19-2015, 05:59 PM