• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know who I am when I'm alone; Ethenia

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He hadn’t noticed the figure sleeping near the tree he’d leaned against. But then, he hadn’t been paying a whole lot of attention. Still, when she stumbles to her feet, he wishes with a barely repressed viciousness that he had been. He would have gladly picked another damned tree to scratch himself on.

He could leave, but with her eyes blurry from sleep, she hardly seems a pressing concern. Besides, it’d been a bit of a dry spell. Couldn’t hurt to keep his options open. He can always leave later if she proves too bothersome. Her words as she winds around the tree cause him to stiffen however, a silent snarl coming to his lips as his dark eyes follow her with a weighty stare.

“What the fuck?” he growls, ears pressing lower against his neck, gaze hard. Ashhal is pretty damned positive he’d never seen her before in his life, so she couldn’t possibly have lost him.

Then, as she gets a better look at him, she seems to realize her mistake. Her breathy “oh” eases some of the tension from his muscles, though it does nothing to change the brutal expression on his harsh features. But then she asks what he is and the tension is right back where it had been.

He curls his lip at her, eyes darkly dangerous. “Don’t fucking touch me unless you want to be underneath me,” he warns, his voice gravelly. It’s the only warning she would get, but if her soft words were anything to go by, it would be more than enough. “And what I am is none of your goddamned business.”

@Ethenia

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know who I am when I'm alone; Ethenia - by Ashhal - 02-25-2022, 11:58 AM