• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I won't be a grain of sand slipping down the hour glass; any
    a certain type of silence has filled my voice
    I scream beneath the water, and make no noise

Time is an odd dimension for those who knows bits and pieces of what could be possible in the future, given this or that decision. There are large turning points, like when a dragon decided to rain down flames on a land below, or when a god decided to dig into a Mountain. Then, there are small knots in time like these, moments that could be anywhere in space or time and would not alter a major storyline for years to come, or maybe never at all. Things that hardly alter the flow of the rest of the universe, like a single grain of sand in the river below. Lots of sand would alter it’s course as much as a rock, but a single one in itself doesn’t stand out.

The male before her is bored, or preoccupied and maybe just both. Her greeting being an opening that could lead to anything, he chooses to follow a different course and she follows. Maybe she has nothing better to do; after talking to Cheri, her ripples in the river of time were enough to stir some action, but the waterfall that will shortly follow and erase the queen of the south’s land, practically made her movement nugatory. Almost, that is - because the one thing led to her being here and also leads to her being somewhere that is not Tephra in the near future. And that might just change things for her - not for anyone else, per say, but there is a change.

However, her intuition, her visions and dreams that may be - they don’t tell her anything about the when exactly. So she gave up looking for that, too, and instead wanders almost as aimlessly through the world as anyone else. Almost. She will regain what was lost at some point, she knows. She will change then, she thinks. In what way, she doesn’t bother spending her days on. No point in wondering about things beyond her influence.

She says as much to Reave. ”I think if we knew the secret to life, we’d forget the point of asking.” She eyes him sideways, standing next to him on the riverbank. ”Knowing the endpoint of a road is fine, but the journey becomes meaningless if we don’t experience the twists and turns.” Which is, in fact, why she thinks that seeing the future is not as great as it sounds. ”Besides, everyone makes last-minute decisions that can’t be seen. It’d be madness to try and follow every strand of possibility.”

She lets the words hang in the air above the river, twisting an ear towards the male and yet instead she focuses on the water below. It’s gurgling sound is comforting in a way, and helps clear her mind. Away with the visions, away with the compelling feeling to move here or there. But it’s part of her now, and she wouldn’t be herself without.

”If you want to say you’re mad, though, I’d expect you could start with the faeries.” Magic, after all, as far as she knows it stems from them. And they from life. They’re the closest thing to a bridge between the mundane horses on the plane of reality and the source of magic and life itself. Ilma wouldn’t go there. But if he insisted, he might, perhaps. ”That is, if you’re prepared to lose everything to gain such an understanding.” she warns almost casually. There would be a price and it would likely be his life, his soul, or something similar. The white mare isn’t at all ready for such a trade, but who knows what’s going on in the stallion’s head?

will you let me follow you,
    wherever you go… bring me home?
    Ilma

@Reave Talk about late, but what is time anyway
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't be a grain of sand slipping down the hour glass; any - by Ilma - 02-24-2022, 10:10 AM