• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  If your lost and you look you will find me; Any

I'll settle for the ghost of you.

He stares at the scaled stallion for a moment, genuinely confused on if the old man had lost a few marbles. It only takes a beat longer to realize that Leilan was messing with him and the righteous anger of the teenager returned in tenfolds as he flares his nostrils and glares, not missing the grin from the winged male beside him. “How can you see from the sky if you have no wings?” He finally lands on with a snap from his ember inflamed tail, unaware that now his entire backside had developed into a wildfire thanks to this exchange. Feeling confident with his retort, a flicker of smugness begins to settle along his heated back only to flare right back up again in indignation as the two carry on a conversation as if he wasn’t there.

“I can too.” He scowls again, sullen once more to be disregarded so quickly and not catching the muttered words from Nash to Leilan. “I could melt a glacier if I wanted.” He states despite not knowing what exactly a glacier was. “I can do a lot of things.” He finally says, raising his head slightly as his yellow eyes burn with intensity at the both of them.

There is no missing the warmth between the two, however subtle it might be coming from the older male. Was this their cave then? Had Leilan decorated this cave with all its oddities? The stallion was rather strange, still…. He could have sworn he had scented mares before. Not two males. Still, who was he to judge their relationship? It wasn’t important in the long run but getting back home was. Before he can explain he cares nothing for rocks and had meant the cave he had dragged himself into, the winged stallion makes introductions and its enough to still his tongue.

For a moment he looks at Nashua, trying to remember why the name sounded vaguely familiar. The suggestion of getting back to the Mainland brings him back to full attention, hope blazing bright in his strange eyes. “I’m on the Isle?” It wasn’t the best place to end up, a hobo’s paradise his mother had called it, but at least he was somewhere still in Beqanna. “Yes… There was an earthquake and… I need to get back home and make sure my Mom is ok.” A quiver of worry laces his words but there are no tears that streak across his cheeks. He would not shame Aela now in the presence of these two by appearing weak no matter what his true feelings were.

FYR

Photo by Little Willow Art

@Leilan @Nashua

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If your lost and you look you will find me; Any - by Fyr - 01-27-2022, 05:01 PM