• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, there's a river that winds on forever
    Bolder peered over at the female beside him, and tried his best to bridle against a widening grin. 

Her vibrant smile did nothing to quash it, and instead it drew out his roguish nature. The winged stallion tilted his moon-marked face towards Lillibet and said, ”Oh, I think you’d be terrifying.” He continued, ”Dazzling, but terrifying.” His silver gaze remained searching the planes of her pale face, moving up towards the golden stripes near her forehead before shifting back down to meet her amber eyes. 

He smiled, and then looked ahead again, pushing off into a brisk walk. Bolder was still careful to keep his wings against his copper side, but the winged stallion still found himself glancing to the young mare beside him. The warmth in her expression that he found waiting continued to draw him in and the pegasus gave her a look that might have made the pair appear as conspirators to those around them. ”If I tell you, you’ll have to promise to keep this a secret.” 

The trees that Bolder had been trying to reach were now only a few paces away, but he slowed again to tell Lillibet: ”Taiga.” His expression turned rueful for a moment, like he assumed she would see the oddity in his answer. Pegasi were creatures of the sky. They could have any view they wished. And yet here was Bolder, saying that his favorite view was of a forest so thick you couldn’t see the ground and was often covered in a deep, murky mist. But Taiga had been home once to Bolder, and though he knew that risked banishment by being there, nobody ever seemed to take notice of a gold-tipped eagle that liked to roost along the granite coast or a tawny slender fox that liked to quietly trek through the overly-large ferns and worn trails. "Mainly because I was born there."

”But, yes, there are many beautiful lands in Beqanna. Ischia is warm and wonderful this time of year.” Bolder took a deliberate step and pushed against remaining fragments of snow and ice that still lingered in the shade during the earliest parts of Spring. It made a cracking sound beneath his hoof, and then he kept moving. ”I keep meaning to try and fly to the top of Tephra’s volcano,” he teases, having no wish to fly into an actual fiery, lava-filled mountain.

Admire from afar, perhaps. 

Besides, there were better things to admire up close, like his companion. 

”Now, my turn for a question,” Bolder says when they finally reach the shade of the forest. It’s only then that he stops, finally having reached their destination. The sun still broke through the branches where green buds had only begun to sprout, but it was enough shade that Bolder felt protected from direct sunlight. His dark brown ears pricked forward to Lillibet, though his grin tugged to one side of his mouth. ”What’s the most interesting place you’ve explored?”

@Lillibet
    [Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh, there's a river that winds on forever - by bolder - 01-23-2022, 11:02 AM