• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, there's a river that winds on forever

Lillibet

The pair, topaz and opal, fall in step easily beside each other. There’s a strange ─ though not unpleasant ─ comfort in Bolder’s company that strikes Lillibet on occasion, reminding her that the only ease she’d ever found in connecting with anyone had been with her family and with Manny. The latter hadn’t been any sort of natural development, instead coaxed by the tug of magical strings. Link had questioned her about it a time or two, about the oddity of the situation, but the girl (she’d been quite young at the time) had opted to believe the memories that had been gifted to her, if only because the chimera had done naught to endanger her. At least that she knew.

Most others had neglected to find charm in Lillibet’s personality. Admittedly, she’d been less tolerable as the self-proclaimed Princess of Sylva and had never truly found issue with the fact that her circle was small. But now, in their absence, her wanderings are marked with the conversations she has.

It’s still odd, though, that she’d felt no hesitation in intercepting Bolder at first sight of him in the Meadow today. Near catatonia had accented their first meeting, Lillibet herself haggard with worry and despair ─ her usual tactic would be to avoid the potential of resurfacing such things, but whatever it was that had drawn her to Bolder had dampened whatever negative association could possibly exist. Her honeyed eyes look to the glow of his moon at his good-natured teasing before she rolls them away in mock affront, and Lillibet decides that she doesn’t care what about him had drawn her in.

”Being too comfortable may not be an issue for you, he-who-can-escape-on-capable-wings, but for someone like little ol’ me…” she smiles vibrantly at him and rolls her lithe shoulders in something akin to a shrug, ”What am I do to if they shift into something that can eat me? Glow at them?”

The gold-flecked woman leans into their playful banter, appreciating the easy way she and Bolder interact. She hadn’t laughed in some time, and now as the grin lingers on her lips, Lillibet remembers what it’s like to find joy in her life.  ”Where is your favorite place to fly? Some lands must look more beautiful than others from above.” She’d asked the same of her mother once before, when she’d still been a young filly, but Oceane’s biased answer had always been Loess.

”Ah, well, I’ve always been an early riser ─ and now that I’m…” she looks for the correct word, her golden eyes moving away from Bolder in brief embarrassment before settling on the path before them, displaced, I guess, I’ve found that it’s a hobby of mine to explore wherever I can.” when her gaze returns to the moon-faced stallion at her side, the soft and playful grin returns once more. ”I usually do it alone. But I suppose it’s fun with company, too.”

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh, there's a river that winds on forever - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 04:42 PM