• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i do not want to move mountains
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

She asks about his shapes, and though Herrin answers quickly, there is a flicker of caution in his dark eyes. It is not that he thinks her query rude, for what does he know of manners, raised in the woods by a madwoman? Their first meeting has occured to him, her surety of self, and though it might only be a result of her lofty pedigree, there remains still the possibility that she might be a credible threat.

And yet he tells her “Two,” on his next breath, a long blink and look away hiding the surprise at the quickness of his own decision. “A cheetah, and a bat.” At the final word, he shifts the long limbed of his leathery wings, and the ears that turn to listen to her are rather wide and pointed.

“A canyon?” he repeats slowly, trying to think of where she might mean. Though Herrin had known the woods of Sylva better than most, much of the world beyond remains a mystery. He’s never had a reason to venture beyond the Commons, though he knows there are other lands and if he concentrates very hard, he might even remember what they were called.

Before he even attempts to do so though, he finds himself shrugging his winged shoulders in agreement. It almost surprises him, but then - where else would he go? “Why not?” He continues, adding quickly: “But there better be trees too. Or at least caves.” Canyons are more likely to have caves, he thinks. Perhaps he can find one of his own.

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-01-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 03:40 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-04-2021, 07:27 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-05-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-11-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-12-2021, 12:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-19-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-24-2021, 06:42 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 01-15-2022, 03:14 PM