• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i do not want to move mountains
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

‘Yeah, maybe’, she replies, and Herrin follows her gaze up toward the sky. Is she looking for something, he wonders? Or perhaps someone, he decides, knowing the ability to take to the sky is not an uncommon trait among the residents of Beqanna.

Not one that Lillibet has though, Herrin realizes, and while Yeah, maybe her family is on the other side of this expanse of water, it is still quite an expanse of water. Certainly not one he could swim in any of his bodies, and in truth not one that his bat-like form is comfortable with. His one trip out to sea had left him confused and disoriented, the soft clicks of his echolocation of no use in the empty air above and ever-shifting waves below.

He is thinking of that, and how the whole world is feeling a little more like that now that the shock of the quake and flooding are wearing off. He’s still thinking of it when she asks what he will do, and it colors his voice when he answers: “I’m not really sure.”

Will the water spread? Will the whole world sink until even the highest peak of the Mountain falls below the waves? The questions have no answers, leaving Herrin with an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of his stomach. He shoves it away, attempting to lighten his own mood more than Lillibet’s when he says: “It’s a shame that none of my shapes are made for a life underwater.”

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-01-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 03:40 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-04-2021, 07:27 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-05-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-11-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-12-2021, 12:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-19-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-24-2021, 06:42 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 01-15-2022, 03:14 PM