• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i do not want to move mountains
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

Herrin realizes rather quickly that he’d not said the right thing, for there is brittle anger in her narrowed eyes. He’d seen it just for a moment before he glanced away, and heard it in the words that bring the realization that yes: Lillibet has lost her family.

It is a struggle to empathize, and is a task he abandons quickly.

There would have been no one to mourn Herrin had he been swept away in the floodwaters. He does not mind that, and he is reminded of that as he thinks of the glowing girl beside him. To be attached is to risk loss. Better to remain alone, so that nothing can be taken away. Not by death or disagreement or catastrophic, kingdom-destroying floods.

Yet despite his disinterest in attachment, the spotted stallion is not an inherently cruel creature. He does his best to look at her without her noticing (he is hoping she is not crying), only to meet her agitated gaze and the clarification that she won’t be bothering him again.

He once would have considered that a good thing, Herrin knows, but the world feels like a different place now. So rather than turn and walk away as he might have in the Sylvan forest, he says instead:

“The water didn’t come too fast. I’m sure your family got out. Maybe they’re just on the opposite side.”

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-01-2021, 06:55 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 03:40 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-04-2021, 07:27 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-04-2021, 11:14 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-05-2021, 09:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-11-2021, 02:01 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-12-2021, 12:23 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 12-19-2021, 10:02 AM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 12-24-2021, 06:42 PM
    RE: i do not want to move mountains - by Herrin - 01-15-2022, 03:14 PM