• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You found me, made me into something new
    In the darkness, a light flashes through the sky with a puff of ashes and scorched ground that surrounds the young grulla mare. The mare peeks her head through the dark, fluffy, wet feathers.Where am I? This isn’t where I died. She ponders, taking in her dark surroundings. Her red eyes pierce the darkness. Abs shakes her wings out, trying to get her new reborn body to work once again. She’s lost count as to how many times she’s been reborn. Each time different than the last. Different event that caused her demise. Once it was a cougar, next, it was a brutal fight with the stallion of the herd. This time will be different. This time she will succeed. She looks up to the moon noting the time of night. She has a limited time in this life before returning to the ashes.

Once taking a few deep breaths and regaining the little bit of strength she’s reborn with, she gets up and shakes off the dust.

Now, how do I start again? She thinks, as it’s been a long time since her last rebirth. She notices the young colt a little bit always, but doesn’t think he notices her. They’re similar. Yet different. He controls fire and she gets born from fire and ashes.

Life always has to start from somewhere.. A seed. But in their case, a spark. An ember.

Messages In This Thread
    You found me, made me into something new - by Fyr - 10-07-2021, 04:41 PM
    RE: You found me, made me into something new - by Seneka - 10-07-2021, 05:25 PM