• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  each time the feeling fades

tantalize

I make excuses to stay away from home

I'm looking for an answer in my heart

I'm looking for a fresh start

I need a reason to keep on living in the city

Tantalize, stubborn until the very end, refused to die.

Not right away at least. Death was fast approaching, unavoidable as hot crimson stained her russet spotted skin to an even darker hue. It was not something she feared. It was actual something she longed for since the day he had disappeared. However, she would not let her death be an unworthy one. She was an Amazon after all. She intended to go out like one.

She had come from a time when magic like his was a scarcity. She had not adapted as others far older than her had, she had never been touched by magic except for the generosity of her downy raven wings. The same wings that snap and crumple against his rough handling when she is finally tossed aside, barely conscious as her life begins to quickly escape from the many wounds he had left behind. Tasting his blood on her own tongue and feeling satisfied with the death she had chosen for herself.

She is ready to die but not if it costs her soul.

She can feel him beckoning to her but there is another voice (one she could only remember from dreams and memories, a voice she missed like no other) that she will not deny. The world around her is hazy as she gasps for breath, catching only pieces of what’s happening around her. An unexpected snap and there is suddenly another, a young mare adorned in crystals and her look of horror. The red eyes of her son, that seem to flash with rage and despair, except her son is a serpent and she’s certain death is just confusing her. And then there is the intensity of Gale’s eyes, the monster that attempts to rip her soul and feast upon it.

There is a voice that is telling her to come home and that’s where she wants to go.
    And so she fights and refuses give in.

Just a little longer.

Messages In This Thread
    each time the feeling fades - by Gale - 09-19-2021, 07:56 PM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Obscene - 09-23-2021, 01:01 PM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Gale - 09-25-2021, 09:45 AM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Obscene - 10-02-2021, 09:09 AM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Gale - 10-02-2021, 09:54 AM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Tantalize - 10-02-2021, 10:36 AM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Gale - 10-02-2021, 04:45 PM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Cheri - 10-02-2021, 09:58 PM
    RE: each time the feeling fades - by Tantalize - 10-02-2021, 10:30 PM