• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the only love i ever found, any
    ennis
    The boy’s heart shifts and spasms as the fox hits the ground and rolls several times before finally coming to a stop. He knows it’s his fault and concern immediately darkens his brow. His breathing accelerates and he takes a single, shuffling step toward the creature as it springs back to its feet and he stops abruptly.

She sounds like Anaise when she answers. He can practically hear her rolling her eyes, as if he should have puzzled that out on his own. Even though it makes no sense to him, a boy who has never once wondered how high he might be able to jump. He’s just a plain old colt, nothing in his legs that suggests he’d be any good at it anyway. 

And then, before he knows it, she is a girl. A filly forming right before his eyes. The fox is gone and, if she were not the same color the fox had been, he might have thought them two different things. But there is no mistaking it and he stares at her, dumbfounded. He knows the magic exists, of course, knows that his own mother is capable of turning herself into other things, but he’s never seen anything like this. 

But he blinks at her question, shaking his head to clear the fog collecting between his ears. He can’t tell her the truth, he knows that, not with the way she had sounded so much like his sister when he’d asked what she’d been doing in the first place. There is no way he’ll admit that he’d been standing there because he’d been afraid of taking a single step further.

So, he lifts his head and summons all the courage in his little body and says, “I was just looking,” he says and it sounds lame, even to him. He grimaces and shakes his head, realizing that he’ll have to tell the truth. “I was a little bit scared,” he admits. “I’ve never been out here before and my sister told me she turned into the sun when she came.” 

i see that scene, i hear that voice
    Hearts and flowers: my drugs of choice

@Sokali

Messages In This Thread
    the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 09-19-2021, 03:34 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 09-24-2021, 06:24 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 09-25-2021, 01:31 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 09-26-2021, 03:52 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 10-02-2021, 09:57 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 10-14-2021, 06:33 PM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by ennis - 10-16-2021, 10:26 AM
    RE: the only love i ever found, any - by Sokali - 11-04-2021, 05:21 PM