• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and i know its long gone
    @lilliana

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

The thing that lives within Gale recognizes the woman with the golden face, but it is not immediate. First his eyes narrow, for he can feel the magic within him reach toward her even as his conscious mind still struggles to make the connection.

The shadow that had taken the earlier generations of his family had died in Loess. It would have remained dead, writhing in an endless void, had it not been for the Eclipse, and the Monsters, and the flippant whim of a Dark God. The thing that had driven Wolfbane, that had ravaged the north years past, that is only the smallest fraction of the monster it has become while wearing Gale.

Nashua is creeping closer to the truth. (The Curse feels him, a brightness where he would prefer shadow; a body pacing the distant shore of the Isle).

Cobbled together from magics that it gathers, the Curse irreparably alters itself with each new ability it steals from dead hearts. It is no longer the creature that had first possessed Gale.

He is prying into Lilliana’s mind even as he makes his way down the jungle path toward her. His forelimbs are feathered, and the curved talons dig into the rich earth of the jungle floor. He finds Nashua in her mind just as he sees Aela in the lines of her face, and the brindle stallion’s lip draws up over teeth nearly as sharp as the glittering tines of his black horns as he comes to a sudden halt.

There is no good reason why a victim would seek him out alone, and the thing is immediately on edge. His blue eyes cast to either side of her, finding only shadows and frustration that begins to show on his face. It tightens the thin line of his mouth, and the face that is usually so much like his sire’s is suddenly quite like Gale’s irascible mother instead.

“Why are you here?” He asks abruptly, already quite certain that he will not like the answer.

GALE

Messages In This Thread
    and i know its long gone - by lilliana - 09-22-2021, 10:04 PM
    RE: and i know its long gone - by Gale - 09-26-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: and i know its long gone - by lilliana - 10-03-2021, 08:04 PM
    RE: and i know its long gone - by Gale - 10-03-2021, 08:58 PM
    RE: and i know its long gone - by lilliana - 10-23-2021, 07:49 PM
    RE: and i know its long gone - by Gale - 10-31-2021, 08:08 AM