• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i gave it all, any
    He smiled back, impassive as far as Cheri could tell. Just a shrug of his shoulder and a laugh; No biting sarcasm, no viciousness. That was fine. She could deal with (preferred, actually) the company of a more insightful conversationalist. It did her good to talk and mingle, which was partially why she came out to the Field when it suited her. Some of the wild streaks she felt - the types keeping her up at night or causing erratic bursts of magic, they toned down if she could focus on something mundane.

Which he wasn’t, of course. The fire-horned outsider had all of his angles sharpened, didn’t he? “I’m someone.” She agreed. “But whether or not I can give you insight depends.” She knew many things, not everything.

What she could feel was him staring at her candidly, and it drew her attention. Normally, Cheri would avoid outright eye contact; most any horse could sense unnatural power there, something strange about the vivid iris color or the way they seemed alive, like the fire on his horns. For him? She thinks an exception could be made.

“How can I help you?” She met eyes with the stallion, unafraid of what he might discern by scrying through her green portals. Just under the surface they twinkled, animated as an emerald night sky filled with stars, and knowing all that Cheri allowed him to look anyways. It wasn't fear that kept her from being overbold, it was the flamboyancy that she avoided with strangers: as if her jewels and her jade-colored hair weren't enough, the universe had seen fit to make Cheri sorcerous as well. Most times, it could be off-putting.

But this one, she thinks - he might not mind so much.

@gaspard

Messages In This Thread
    i gave it all, any - by gaspard - 09-10-2021, 03:38 PM
    RE: i gave it all, any - by Cheri - 09-12-2021, 09:20 PM
    RE: i gave it all, any - by gaspard - 09-14-2021, 05:42 PM
    RE: i gave it all, any - by Cheri - 09-22-2021, 08:41 AM
    RE: i gave it all, any - by gaspard - 09-25-2021, 12:52 PM
    RE: i gave it all, any - by Cheri - 10-02-2021, 11:39 PM