• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I think I still see it, sunlight coming through
    Not that Laurelin would expect anything else, but it still sends a shot of delight through him to hear the brightness in Aureline’s voice when she greets him. He is quick to shake his head no to her question with a small laugh of his own. Definitely no monster eating - he was far too pretty for such a fate. Besides, he had to survive the darkness so that he could see Aureline again! There was no chance he was going to let something like a monster get in the way of that.

He is, of course, thrilled by her study of him - he’s only gotten prettier as he ages, he’s pretty sure. None of those lanky legs he had as a colt or that tragically short mane and tail. Maybe he holds his head up a little higher, and flicks his tail so that a few of the sparks shine bright in the daylight before fading away. All for her appreciation, of course, and definitely not for his own satisfaction.

But as much as he enjoys her attention there’s no way to help the fact that Laurelin also loves the way her smile turns both soft and bright at his question. She eases closer and it’s his turn to admire her - from the way her wings are consumed by light to the burning glow deep within her eyes. He cannot help but take a little step closer, bumping his nose against hers accidentally in the process and smiling wide afterwards. Privately, he wrestles with whether he prefers her eyes as they are (because they are magnificent - or how they were before (because it had been easier to see his own reflection in them).

Easing back as she settles her wings - this might be the point where Laurelin says ‘no no, we’re equally pretty’ - and maybe they are - but it’s too easy to quip back with dancing eyes: “Second prettiest is still pretty good.”

And her question is pretty easy to answer too - nothing much happens in his life. “I have been! Nothing to complain about. How about you?” And surprise surprise, he's actually interested in the answer.

LAURELIN

@aureline

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I think I still see it, sunlight coming through - by Laurelin - 09-14-2021, 06:03 PM