• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  nothing comes close, jeje pony
    I am Heaven sent, don't you dare forget

She doesn’t smile but his is brilliant enough to shine for both of them. In his mind, right then and there, he vows to always do so for her as long as she will let him. What he has inherited from his unknown sire is that golden streak of incoherent goodness that runs beneath the shadows that weave the unrelenting knowledge of being damned. That invisible net of their pact settles over them and he knows deep in his young questioning heart, that she is a friend that he will never part from willingly. Something flutters in his chest when she had said his name, had pronounced it in the manner of fire… so absent from fear. It does so again when she tilts her head to him and looks for the things she cannot see.

Fearless.

She asks the one question he didn’t want to answer. Yet he had already vowed to always try and make her smile and he knows that a lie can quickly cause a frown. So he vows to never lie to her and he smiles through his uncertainty as he escapes into her endless midnight skies. “I was born terrible.” He says the word that he has always thought himself to be since it had first been pressed to his newborn ears. The dark thing that settles in his skin and constantly questions between what is wrong and right. “I lived nowhere once. Because of it.” He admits to her, fire rippling down his backside as he tells her things he would have never thought to tell.

“But I’m not sorry for who I am.” He says quietly as the ghost brushes between them and settles there as if they were a close-knit trio. He seems to glow a little brighter, the spots of his coat melting into uneven patterns. Never apologize for who you are. His new mother’s words gently reminding him that he was more than a single word.
    fyr

@liesma

Messages In This Thread
    nothing comes close, jeje pony - by liesma - 08-12-2021, 09:35 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by Fyr - 08-13-2021, 01:23 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by liesma - 08-21-2021, 10:10 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by Fyr - 08-23-2021, 02:12 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by liesma - 08-30-2021, 03:13 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by Fyr - 08-31-2021, 03:30 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by liesma - 09-06-2021, 07:00 PM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by Fyr - 09-07-2021, 12:04 AM
    RE: nothing comes close, jeje pony - by liesma - 09-08-2021, 04:16 PM