• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I would haul the stones
    I L I A N A

When Baptiste disappeared she did not ever try to follow.

To her, her angel sister was something untouchable, something so beautiful and deserving of reverence that sometimes she felt she had no business even being within the reach of her glow. It was not jealousy; she loved her twin in a way that she could never love anyone else, and she wanted nothing more than for her to take this world that was meant to be hers and make it so.

She missed her when she was gone, though.

She found herself looking up often, searching for that familiar rose-gold accented form, even as she distracted herself with perfecting her panther shifting and her newly acquired light aura.

When she finally sees her she can’t even deny the way her chest swells, or stop the smile that breaks across her face. “Baptiste,” she greets her with her own touch against her sister’s shoulder, her rose-gold eyes bright. The cold sun above catches the faint rosettes that continued to deepen in color along her neck and back. Nearing the end of her first year they were far more noticeable than they had been when she was born, and it seemed that the more time she spent in her cat form the stronger they became.

“I’m so glad you’re here, I wanted to show you something,” she tells her with a lilt of excitement. Taking a step back and a steadying breath, she slowly raises a thin aura of light around her. It is dim in the sunlight, but easier to see in contrast to her black coat. The light wavers and flickers with her inexperience before she lets it fall away, looking back at her twin with another bright smile. “I asked the entities for it and they really gave it to me. And now I can glow a little too, like you and mom.”
    -- the shadow is mine, and so is the valley

Messages In This Thread
    I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 09-06-2021, 04:02 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 09-08-2021, 11:52 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 09-19-2021, 04:18 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 10-09-2021, 01:26 AM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 10-17-2021, 04:47 PM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by Iliana - 11-01-2021, 02:28 AM
    RE: I would haul the stones - by baptiste - 11-13-2021, 04:56 PM